Monday, January 18, 2010

It's a boy!!!!!!!!!

Well, a cute 9 year old Ethiopian boy with great big eyebrows :) Jonathan and I are the proud sponsors of one of World Visions children in need. I'll post a picture as soon as I plug my camera in, but we got home at 11 last night and I just don't feel up to walking all the way to my purse right this second.

Guld Coast Getaway was, as predicted, amazing. It's such a great worship experience with Christians of all kind getting together to deepen their love for got, meet new friends, and worship without inhibition. Earl Lavender from Lipscomb University is officially my new BFF- what an amazing old(ish) man! He completely changed the way I think about what it meas to be missional- I really wish I lived in Nashville so that I could sit at his feet all of the time.

We got home last night to a house that had not been well "sat," unfortunately. Foster Kitty (Jonathan's cat that I don't claim) had gotten outside and back inside several times by tearing out the dryer duct and escaping under the house and then getting back in the same way. As a result, there were muddy paw prints on the floors, beds, tables, counters, toilets, in the shower, and even on the drum set. Did you hear that I got home at 11? Guess what happened to all of those pawprints before I went to bed....

Apparently the guy sitting for us didn't come this weekend, only during the week. The dog had releaved herself on the floor (thankfully in was on the only linoleum floor we have) and all kinds of other nice treats were left for us. It's ok though, the sitter will still be our friend even though he's a crappy house sitter.

I have to go clean some more now that I'm actually awake. Good mornin' to ye!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your sponsor child! Awesome!

    And, NOT awesome about the poop and pee and pawprints. That's totally not awesome. House "sitter" should come clean! *shakes fist*

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete